Welcome to Society for Library Professionals
Our organization is unique in bringing together the worlds of reflective practice and thoughtful scholarship in the field of Librarianship.
The Society consists of associates representing a kaleidoscope of backgrounds and perspectives from across the globe comprising of librarians, information professionals, academics, business practitioners, and consultants.
The major focus is on the development and dissemination of insights on the strategic librarianship, as well as on fostering contacts and interchange around the world.
The Society is formed to achieve high standard in Librarianship and Information Services in India and it has the following objective:
- Development of strong linkages among Libraries and Information Centers.
- Promotion of Library and Information Science Profession in India and to collaborate with National and International agencies for promotion of Library and Information Science Profession.
- Promotion of study and research in the area of librarianship and development of new information in the relevant areas.
- Formulation of standards, norms, guidelines etc. for libraries and information centers keeping in view the increased and varied applications of information technology in libraries.
- Publications of newsletters, journals and books etc. which will help to achieve the objectives of the society.
- To offer opportunities for library related continuing education especially by imparting computers and technology oriented training.
- To carry out all such things that are essential or conducive to the realization of above mentioned objectives.
- Providing a common forum to the professionals’ interested or engaged in librarianship and information services by holding national and international conferences, seminars, workshops, training programmes and meetings.
- To raise funds by way of loan, grant, donation, fee etc from person(s), State or Central Government organization, institutes, companies, professional bodies either national or international, international organizations, bilateral and multilateral organizations for the purpose of fulfilling the objectives of the society.
- Promotion of close ties with other professional or private bodies engaged with collection, processing and dissemination of information.
- Developing relationship with other national and international professional associated for achieving the goals and objectives of society.
- To grant scholarship, awards towards the professional development and achievement of the professional.