The broad theme of the conference is ‘Libraries and Librarianship in the Digital Plus Era’. No doubt the libraries are changing at a fast pace primarily due to advancement in ICT. We are practically in an era of Internet driven librarianship. People are now turning to their mobile devices serviced by commercial firms to meet their needs of knowledge and information. On the other hand the community of library and information science professionals are duty bound. They have to ensure ‘sustained, free and equitable access to knowledge and preservation of our cultural and scientific heritage’.
The principal objective of this international event is to provide a forum for exchange of knowledge and skills relevant to Information Professionals in Asia with a global perspective. The conference will also offer opportunity to put forward innovative plans, debate classic as well as new ideas, and promote closer cooperation among participants from diverse background. It will solicit high quality research papers and provide an international forum for researchers, developers and practitioners to present applied and theoretical research findings.
Some of the major objectives are to:
- Ensure that information professionals are acquainted with the latest developments in the library and information world.
- Bring together the dispersed community of library professionals to share their experiences through a common platform.
- Assist libraries and library professionals in implementing their development plans.
- Learn innovative library tools and technologies used to create and deliver better library support services.
- Strengthen academic collaboration and strategic alliances for the development of special libraries